Regionality and sustainability at Pension Daniel in Lech
In the spirit of sustainability we ensure that our products come from the region
At Pension Daniel we strictly observe the principle of our products originating from the region to protect the environment and manage the business in a sustainable way. But enjoyment also plays a major part, as the bread, cheese and all the other things taste better at home than anywhere else. The quality of the products also can't be guaranteed any better than by producers who we personally know.
Your hosts at Pension Daniel feel very close to nature, which is why it is very important to us to also ensure the food is regional and seasonal. This keeps the transport distances short and protects our environment's resources. We also guarantee you the utmost enjoyment!
Local producers for your enjoyment
- The bread that we offer at Pension Daniel comes exclusively from our baker in Lech.
- Likewise all our dairy products, from the milk to curd, sour cream, whipped cream, yoghurt, butter and cheese, come from producers in the surrounding area.
- All our fruit and vegetables are produced at Fruchtexpress Grabher and we make sure that the products are from the region and seasonal.
- The eggs come from a farmer in neighbouring Tyrol.
- The mountain cheese from Alpe Batzen.
- We purchase cold meats and meat directly from farmers who are our friends and from Schluge in Dornbirn, where we also make sure the products come from the region.
- Wines only come from Austria.
- And we trust our supplier Elsensohn from Lech am Arlberg for all the other drinks.
Regionality aside from food too
Apart from the food, we also protect our earth's resources by making sure that we use as many natural products from the region as possible at Pension Daniel. For example, our senior boss built most of the furnishing at our bed and breakfast on the Arlberg out of wood from the Arlberg region.